The Special Forces Charitable Trust (SFCT) Education Assistance Grant for Spouses of active-duty SF Soldiers is managed by SFCT. There is no deadline for applications, as applications are reviewed and approved or rejected on an ongoing basis.
Applicants for our Spousal Educational Grant are open to all spouses of active-duty Special Forces Soldiers. Spouses should plan on attending an accredited college, university, vocational school, or trade school, as the SFCT will not fund a Spouse attending a non-accredited institution. Spouses can apply for two grants a year, provided that each grant is used for a separate term/semester. The Spousal Education Grant is for $1,000. If applying to a second grant, another application and essay are required.
Eligible candidates will submit the attached application, with supporting documents, to the SFCT electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place in the subject line: Spousal Education Grant. Upon electronic receipt, you will receive a reply letting you know the application was received. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the application is received. If electronic submission is unavailable, a hard copy submission may be sent to the address below or faxed to 860-581-8791.
Special Forces Charitable Trust
P.O. Box 53
Essex, CT 06426
Failure to provide the requested information or attachment (listed below) may render the applicant in-eligible for the grant.
A. Essay – Setting forth the applicant’s educational plans and planned use of the education grant. This should answer the “WHY” we should grant the money to the applicant.
- Essay should be no more than one (1) page.
- When printed it must fit on a 8.5 x 11 size paper in 12 point, double spaced with one (1) inch margins.
- Name of applicant must be on the essay in the Header.
B. Second Time Essay – Describe something meaningful you have either learned or experienced in your education endeavors since receiving the first grant from the SFCT.
DISBURSEMENT OF GRANT
Once the applicant’s completed grant request is received by the SFCT, the SFCT will notify the applicant electronically within 30 days as to acceptance or rejection of the grant request. If approved, the SFCT will mail a check to the applicant within seven (7) days to the address provided on the application. Grant disbursements will continue throughout the year as long as the SFCT is able to secure funding for the program.
APPLICANT’S OBLIGATION ONCE AWARDED
After a grant has been awarded, the applicant agrees with the following conditions:
- Applicant agrees that the grant will be spent on education expenses.
- At the end of the term or semester, the applicant will send verification to the SFCT that the applicant attended school. We request that this verification is received within 30 days from the end of the term or semester.
- Failure to send in verification at the end of the term may result in a request by the SFCT to reimburse the SFCT for the grant.