The Special Forces Charitable Trust (SFCT) Education Assistance Grant for Spouses of Active-Duty SF Soliders is managed by SFCT. There is no deadline for applications as applications are reviewed and approved or rejected on an ongoing basis.
Applicants for our spousal educational grant are open to all spouses of active-duty Special Forces Soldiers. Spouses should plan on attending an accredited college, university, vocational school, or trade school as the SFCT will not fund a spouse attending a non-accredited institution. Spouses can apply for two grants a year. The spousal education grant is for $1,000 and you can be awarded two a year. If applying to a second grant, another application and essay are required.
Eligible candidates will submit the attached application electronically, with supporting documents to the SFCT at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place in the subject line Spousal Education Grant. Upon electronic receipt, you will receive a reply letting you know the application was received. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the application is received. If electronic submission is unavailable, a hard copy submission may be sent to the address below or faxed to 860-581-8791.
Special Forces Charitable Trust
PO Box 53
Essex, CT 06426
Failure to provide the requested information or attachment (listed below) may render the applicant in-eligible for the grant.
A. Essay – setting forth the applications’s edcuational plans and planned use of the eduation grant. This should answer the “WHY” we should grant the money to the applicant.
- Essay should be no more than one (1) page.
- When printed it must fit on a 8.5 x 11 size paper in 12 point, double spaced with one (1) inch margins.
- Name of applicant must be on the essay in the Header.
B. Second Time Essay – Describe something meaningful you have either learned or experienced in your education endeavors since receiving the first grant from the SFCT.
DISBURSEMENT OF GRANT
Once the applicant’s completed grant request is received by the SFCT, the SFCT will notify the applicant electronically within 30 days as to acceptance or rejection of the grant request.
If approved, the applicant needs to submit to the SFCT acceptance into the school applicant will attend. Once the SFCT receives a copy of applicant’s acceptance, the SFCT will mail a check to the applicant within seven (7) days. Grants disbursements will continue throughout the year as long as the SFCT is able to secure funding for the program.
APPLICATIONS OBLIGATION ONCE AWARDED
- Again, a check cannot be written to the applicant prior to the SFCT receiving acceptance notification into applicant’s school.
- Applicant further understands and agrees to the following. Applicant agrees that the grant will be spent on education expenses. At the end of the term or semester, applicate will send verification to the SFCT that application attended school. We request that this verification is received within 30 days from the end of the term or semester.
- Failure to send in verification at the end of the term may result in a request by the SFCT to reimburse the SFCT for the grant.